In order to enroll in St Charles Barber, Colleges students must submit a student enrollment application to the Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners that includes:
- A copy of your birth certificate or drivers license
- Copy of all education transcripts, high school, and college (if any)
- Two 2” x 2” photographs
- Proof of a recent medical exam
- A $100 enrollment fee*
During your schooling, you must complete at least 1,040 hours of study, during a period not less than six months, under the supervision of a licensed instructor.
Step 2. Pass Missouri’s Barber Licensure Examination
Once you have completed your training, you will be required to take the licensure examination administered by the Missouri Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners. In order to take the exam, you must fulfill the following obligations:
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Be free of contagious or infectious diseases
- Submit an application for licensure
- Complete your training within the last five years
Examinations are offered on each Monday of a month, but the cities where tests are held vary.
- 1st Monday – St. Louis
- 2nd Monday – Kansas City
- 3rd Monday – Jefferson City
- 4th Monday – Springfield
The examination is composed of a theoretical and practical section, both of which are designed to test your knowledge.
* $100 is nonrefundable